l. These things happen. But I dont know why he l. These things happen. But I dont know why he | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Nov 12
PARIS -- Fourth-seeded Milos Raonic hit 17 aces as he beat Spaniard Pablo Carreno Busta 7-6 (5), 6-4 Tuesday to reach the third round of the Paris Masters. Air Max 270 Femme Solde .The big-serving Canadian has been hampered by a right ankle injury that forced him to withdraw ahead of his China Open semifinal three weeks ago.Since then, he has lost in the third round of the Shanghai Masters and in the first round of the Swiss Indoors last week.But he was moving freely as he beat Carreno Busta for the third time in as many career meetings -- all this year.The ankle is improving. I still have it wrapped up for safety, Raonic said. But its not really causing any nuisance.At 5-5 in the tiebreaker, Carreno Busta patted a return into the net and Raonic sealed the set with an ace.He secured the only break in the second set when his opponent scooped a low shot into the net.Raonic, a runner-up here to top-ranked Novak Djokovic two years ago, sealed victory with consecutive aces.Its always important for me to serve well, Raonic said. I havent served that well this summer, this hard court swing.Seventh-seeded Tomas Berdych avoided another early exit by beating Joao Sousa 6-3, 3-6, 7-5 to also reach the third round.At 4-4 in the deciding set, Berdych trailed 15-40 and saved two break points.Although Berdych won the Shenzhen Open in China last month, the Czech players form dropped sharply with first-round exits at the Japan Open and the Erste Bank Open in Vienna. Between those tournaments, there was a second-round loss at the Shanghai Masters.Losing ranking points forced Berdych out of the top 10 for the first time since reaching the 2010 Wimbledon final. It also leaves him needing to reach the semifinals in Paris to have a chance of qualifying for the season-ending ATP finals in London -- a difficult task considering he could face Andy Murray in the quarterfinals.If you dont play your best, you dont really deserve to be there, Berdych said. Luckily, Im healthy. Who would have said that Id be answering questions about London when I was in the hospital in Cincinnati? This is a nice bonus.Berdych was referring to the appendicitis that forced him out of this years U.S. Open.Even though his play looked patchy, his serving was strong with 14 aces, including a couple of booming ones on second serve.Berdych is hopeful that working with coach Goran Ivanisevic -- the big-serving Croat who won Wimbledon in 2001 -- will improve his game.I like his approach and how he tries to simplify things, the 31-year-old Berdych said.Berdych, the 2005 Paris Masters champion, next faces either 10th-seeded Roberto Bautista Agut or Gilles Simon.Six other players are vying with Berdych for the two remaining spots at the ATP finals.Dominic Thiem and Marin Cilic, who won the Swiss Indoors, held the last two places before this week. David Goffin, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, Lucas Pouille and Bautista Agut are the other contenders playing here.There were also second-round wins for 12th-seeded Richard Gasquet of France and No. 14 Grigor Dimitrov of Bulgaria.Gasquet won 6-4, 7-6 (11) against American Steve Johnson and Dimitrov was leading 6-3 when Marcos Baghdatis retired with a right leg problem.In remaining first-round play, John Isner beat Mischa Zverev 7-6 (8), 6-4 and next plays No. 15 David Ferrer.Jack Sock, Feliciano Lopez, Nicolas Mahut, Viktor Troicki, Ivo Karlovic and Gilles Muller also reached the second round.Muller faces Djokovic on Wednesday. Air Max 90 Homme Pas Cher . The move comes after the Canadiens were approached by the Buffalo Sabres for permission to speak to Dudley - a former Sabres player and head coach. "The Sabres called for permission and I appreciate that, Im flattered, Dudley told TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun of ESPN. Nike Air Max Pas Cher . -- Edmontons Val Sweeting is two wins away from a trip to Winnipeg to play in Canadas Road of the Rings in December. http:///...apormax-flyknit.html . But by the time the game started, the Toronto Raptors forward felt even worse. And, for three quarters, it showed as Gay shot a woeful three-for-13 from the field.Eric Dier accused Manchester United midfielder Ander Herrera of elbowing him in the face during Englands 2-2 draw with Spain at Wembley. Herrera made his international debut as a second-half substitute during the entertaining friendly encounter, which saw last gasp goals from Iago Aspas and Isco cancel out earlier efforts from Adam Lallana and Jamie Vardy.But Dier was annoyed by an off-the-ball incident involving Herrera and did not mince his words after the match. Six months half price Upgrade to Sky Sports to watch Man Utd v Arsenal on Saturday and get the first six months half price I dont care if someone kicks me or something like that but Ive made a pass and it was a long time afterwards...hes elbowed me in the face and I just cant see why. For me, its just ridiculous, said the Tottenham midfielder.I dont mind people kicking each other at times and stuff but thats just dirty and not needed.Dier chased Herrera up the pitch afterwards, apparently remonstrating withh his opponent who then denied the accusations. Nike Air Max 270 React Soldes. Herrera points his finger at Dier after a controversial debut for Spain off the bench Hes saying he didnt do it but I think its pretty clear. If you watch it, I think its pretty clear what he did and I can feel it on my cheek now. So I know what he did, and I dont like that kind of stuff, he added.Its okay. Its just football. These things happen. But I dont know why he did it, to be honest. Thats why I was angry.It was just strange and its not nice.Spurs travel to Old Trafford on December 11 and Dier added: I dont need him to apologise. Ill see him soon.Upgrade to Sky Sports now to watch Man Utd v Arsenal this Saturday and get the first six months half price!  Also See: Spanish rally stuns England Southgate: Ive fulfilled remit England-Spain talking points Wembley player ratings ' ' '